The Reserve Bank of India invites applications from eligible candidates for 926 posts of “Assistant” – 2019 in various offices of the Bank. Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive examination in two phases i.e. Preliminary and Main examination followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
|Website Link Open||23.12.2019 to 16.01.2020|
|Payment of Examination Fees (Online)||23.12.2019 to 16.01.2020|
|Schedule of Online Preliminary Test (Tentative)||February 14 & 15, 2020. However, RBI reserves the right to change the dates of examination.|
|Schedule of Online Main Test (Tentative)||March 2020. However, RBI reserves the right to change the dates of examination.|
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2021
To be eligible for the exam, candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria in terms of age, educational qualification and nationality. Candidates can check below RBI Assistant eligibility criteria.
Age Limit: Candidates should be between 20 to 28 years. They must have born not earlier than December 2, 1991, and not later than January 1, 1999. Relaxation in the upper age limit of five years will be provided to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates, three years to OBC, 10 years to PWD, 10 years to Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not re-married, five years to candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989, etc.
Educational Qualification as on December 1, 2019: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50%. They should also possess knowledge of word processing on PC.
Proficiency of language: Candidates should be proficient in the local language of the state they are applying. This means they must know to read, write, speak and understand the language.
RBI Assistant 2021 Vacancies
RBI Assistant vacancies are announced along with the notification. The vacancies will be announced category-wise and state-wise. In 2020, a total of 926 vacancies were announced. Till the time, the vacancies for this year are released, candidates can check below the state-wise RBI Assistant 2020 vacancies for the General category.
|Kanpur & Lucknow||63|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||20|
RBI Assistant 2021 Salary
The basic pay of Assistants is Rs 14,650 per month (This means Rs 13, 150 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates). The pay scale is Rs 13,150-750(3)-15,400-900(4)-19,000-1,200(6)-26,200-1,300(2)-28,800-1,480(3)-33,240-1750(1)-34,990 (20 years). The candidates are also entitled to other allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance. Currently, the initial monthly gross emoluments for Assistants is Rs 36,091.
RBI Assistant 2021 Application form
RBI Assistant application form 2021: To apply online for RBI Assistant 2021, candidates must go through the notification and the instructions in detail before filling the application form. Only the eligible candidates will be able to fill the application form. The candidature of the candidate would be considered cancelled who is found ineligible for the filling the application form. The application form can be filled through the online process. Find below some of the other important details related to the RBI application form:
Following is the detailed procedure to fill the RBI Assistant application form 2021.
Step 1: Select New Registration and fill Application form.
- The applicant needs to visit the official website as provided by the conducting authority
- After reaching the official website, the candidate is required read the notification for the application form.
- After going through the detailed process, the candidate needs to click on the “new registration” for the application of the RBI assistant.
- Candidate is required to fill the basic details which includes the name of the candidate, contact details and the email ID etc.
- After this process the candidate will get the registration number and the password. The candidate should note the login details and keep it safely for future use.
- Registration details will also be shared on the official email ID of the person.
Step 2: Upload Scanned Photograph and Signature
The second step is the scanning of the documents which are required to be uploaded on the page along with the application form.
- The scanned documents required for uploading should follow the following criteria:
- Photograph should be latest and should not be blurred
- The dimensions of the photograph should be 200X230 pixels for the photograph.
- Size of photograph should be in the range of 20KB to 50 KB.
- Preferable dimensions for the signature is 140X 60 pixels
- Size of file should be in the range of 10KB to 20KB.
Step 3: Application fee Payment
After uploading and filling the application form, the candidate is required to pay the requisite application fee as per the category. The candidate can pay the fee through online payment portal which could be using debit/credit card or net baking facility.
RBI Assistant Application fee 2021
RBI Assistant 2021 Exam Pattern
Before the commencement of the exam, the candidate should check the exam pattern of RBI Assistant Prelims and mains tests. One should check the RBI assistant 2021 exam pattern of the exam separately for the respective exam preliminary, main and interview of the exam.
|S.N||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Following is the exam pattern of the preliminary exam:
- RBI Assistant 2021 is an online objective exam and has 100 questions for 100 marks.
- RBI Assistant 2021 prelims exam has negative marking for wrong answers, for every incorrect answer about 0.25 mark to be deducted from the final score.
- The duration of the test is 60 minute and each section has 20 minutes of fixed time.
- It is a qualifying exam, the candidate will be allowed to sit to the main exam based on the performance in preliminary exam.
The preliminary exam has three important sections in the exam with the below specified marks and number of questions:
- Reasoning ability: This section has 35 questions with a total of 35 marks
- Numerical ability: This section also contains 35 questions and a total of 35 marks
- English language: This section has 30 questions with a total of 30 marks.
Thus there are a total of 100 marks. For each correct answer the candidate will get 1 mark while for the wrong answer 1/4 marks will be deducted. All the questions in the prelim Mary exam will be objective type and the time duration for the exam will be 60 minutes.
The candidates clearing the preliminary exam will be shortlisted for the main exam.
Following are the different sections in the main exam.
|English Language||40||40||30 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||40||40||30 min|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||30 min|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 min|
Thus, overall in the main exam, there are an overall 200 questions for 200 marks. For every correct answer the candidate will get 1 marks while for every negative answer 1/4 marks will be deducted.
- Reasoning ability: This sections consists of 40 questions making a total of 40 marks
- Numerical ability: Consists of 40 questions for a total of 40 marks
- English language: consists of 40 questions for a total of 40 marks
- General Awareness: consists of 40 questions for a total of 40 marks
- Computer knowledge: This section also consists of 40 questions for a total of 40 marks.
The students who qualify in the main exam will be shortlisted for the interview stage: The interview on an average will last for 35 minutes and mainly focuses on checking the general awareness, capability and confidence of the candidate.
RBI Assistant 2021 Syllabus
RBI Assistant Syllabus 2021: The Syllabus of RBI Assistant 2021 exam varies for each section. One should thoroughly check the RBI assistant syllabus so that they know any changes done regarding the syllabus.
Below is the detailed RBI Assistant Syllabus 2021 for the both preliminary and main exams.
|English Language||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||Computer Knowledge||Reasoning|
|Reading Comprehension||Current World News||Time and Distance||Languages||Number Series|
|Synonyms||Current India News||Time and Work||Basic Hardware and Software||Blood Relations|
|Antonyms||Geography Concepts||HCF and LCM||History of Computers||Analogy|
|Sentence Correction||History Concepts||Simple and Compound Interest||Devices||Odd Man Out|
|Word Meanings||Political Science||Problems on Trains||Number Series|
|Average||Coding and Decoding|
|Allegations and Comparison||Directions Based Concept|
|Permutation and Combination||Symbols|
|Pipes||Statement Reading, Understanding|
The candidate should also identify the easy and tougher topics for himself and should prepare accordingly.
- English language: This section includes various topics such as Reading comprehension, word meaning, sentence correction, antonyms and synonyms.
General Awareness: This sections includes topics such as current world news, current India news, geography, history and political news.
- Quantitative aptitude: This includes topics such as P&C, probability, Time & work, Speed-Time and distance, average, ratio proportion, charts, quadratic equations, simple and compound interest, percentage, profit and loss etc.
- Reasoning: This includes topics like alphabetical test, coding and decoding, word formation, sitting problems, syllogism, statement and argument, puzzles, data sufficiency etc.
RBI Assistant cut off 2021
The RBI Assistant 2021 cut-off of the exam is declared with respective city and for various sections. To get an idea one should refer to the previous year cut-offs.
Reserve bank of India has released cut off marks for prelims and mains exams. The RBI Assistant cut off varies every year based on the number of test takers, their score and difficulty level of question paper.
The RBI assistant Cut offs for prelims and mains will be calculated out of 100 and 200 marks respectively.
Below table shows the 2017’s RBI Assistant cut off marks for prelims exam.