IBPS PO Notification 2020-21 has been released officially along with a supplementary notification for a total of 3517 Probationary Officer post.
The IBPS PO exam date for both prelims as well as for mains has been disclosed along with the notification. The IBPS PO Prelims 2020 exam was conducted on 05th & 06th January 2021 while the mains is scheduled for 04th February 2021.
How to Apply Online for IBPS PO 2020?
- Visit the official site of IBPS (ibps.in), or check the direct link that is provided above
- Before filling out the online application form, make sure that you have the scanned copies of your photograph and signature in the specified dimensions
- You should have a valid email id and a functional contact number
- Dimensions specified for Photograph and Signature upload:
Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb
Remember, your signature should not be in capital letters.
Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb
- Click, ‘Click here for New Registration’
- Fill out the details required and click on “submit” after you cross-check them
- Your provisional registration number and password will be generated and will be shared with you via email and text message
- Fill out the remaining details, upload the signature & photograph
- Thoroughly cross-check the details that you have entered
- Click on final submit and make the payment online
- Do not forget to save a copy of your online application form after completing the registration process.
IBPS PO Notification 2020: Important Dates
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||28.10.2020 to 11.11.2020|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||28.10.2020 to 11.11.2020|
|The download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||December 2020|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||05.01.2021/06.01.2021 (revised)|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||14.01.2021|
|The download of Call letter for Online exam – Main||15 days prior to the exam date|
|Online Examination – Main||04.02.2021 (revised)|
|Declaration of Result – Main||–|
|Download of call letters for interview||–|
|Conduct of interview||–|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2021|
IBPS PO Vacancies 2020
IBPS has released a total of 3517 vacancies for the post of probationary officer. Check the category-wise vacancy distribution for IBPS PO 2020. Check the number of vacancies released for each category.
|Category Name||Total Vacancies|
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2020
Each candidate applying for IBPS PO must fulfil certain criteria like Age Criteria, Educational qualifications and other eligibility as mentioned by IBPS. There are three types of criteria mentioned by IBPS to be fulfilled before applying for IBPS Recruitment. Candidates are advised to check their eligibility before applying as a false declaration of the required eligibility may result into failure of candidature.
- Age Criteria
- Educational Qualification
- Candidate must be a citizen of India. Candidates from outside India or citizen of Nepal would not be eligible for the post of IBPS PO.
Age Criteria/Age Limit
- A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1990 and no later than 01.08.2000 (both dates inclusive). It is important to fulfil age criteria as without it you would not be able to fill the application form and at the time of DV, you would require to produce certificates that support your age limits.
|Minimum Age||20 Years|
|Maximum Age||30 Years|
Educational Qualifications (As on 26.08.2020):
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 26.08.2020.
IBPS PO Selection Process
IBPS PO recruitment process will be carried out in three-phase. Candidates will require to qualify each phase to be provisionally selected for the IBPS PO. Prelims will be qualifying in nature but it will work as an entry pass to the mains examination. Those who will qualify mains examination will be called for the final round of interview.
The recruitment process will take place in 3 phases. These are-
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam (Objective + Descriptive)
IBPS PO Application Fees
You can go through the details of IBPS PO Application fees for different categories below-
|SC/ ST/ PWD||₹ 175/-|
|All others||₹ 850/-|
IBPS PO Recruitment Notification Details
|Name of Organization||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Name of Post/ Profile||Probationary Officer (PO)|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2020
No change has been observed in the IBPS PO Prelims exam pattern. There will be three sections in the prelims stage. Only 20 minutes will be allotted for each section and marking will be done sectionally.
1. Preliminary Examination
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||English Language||30||30||English||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
2. Mains Examination
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests(NOT BY SEQUENCE)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ BankingAwareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes|
Note: Penalty for wrong answers will be marked for every wrong answer in the objective test. 0.25 marks for each wrong answer will be deducted for every wrong answer. If any question is left blank, there will be no penalty.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2020 (Prelims +Mains)
Every student must be looking for syllabus for IBPS PO Prelims examination. As after knowing the exam pattern it is the foremost thing that a candidate must know. Having a clear idea about the syllabus for each subject helps in preparing for the exam in a better way. Check IBPS PO Prelims syllabus below for each section.
|Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language|
|Puzzle||Simplification & Approximation||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series/ Alphabets/ Numeric Series||Number Series||Cloze Test|
|Direction sense||Inequality (Quadratic & Quantity based)||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Ratio & Proportion, Partnership||Vocabulary Based|
|Inequalities||Percentage||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Mixtures & Alligations||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting|
|Input-Output||Average & ages||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Profit & Loss||Spelling Errors|
|Blood Relation||Time and work & Pipe and cistern||Word Replacement|
|Order and Ranking||Simple Interest & Compound Interest||Column based Fillers and Sentence Connectors|
|coding-decoding||Time & Distance, Boat & stream||Word Usage|
|Permutation, Combination &Probability||Idioms and Phrases|
|Mensuration (2D&3D)||Sentence Completion|
|Data Interpretation ( Bar, line, pie, mixed, missing, arithmetic, caselet),|